Tuesday 23 April 2019

Posy Pleated Pants



I'm back with another Rebecca Page pattern make, this time it's the Posy Pleated Pants

I'll be honest, I wasn't entirely sure about this style of trouser on me but I like the long flowy look on others so decided I'd give them a try.

I decided to make the full length version with the sash and found this coffee coloured polka dot crepe viscose fabric which I thought gave them a vintage beach pyjama look....I did plan on getting some pics at the beach but the weather typically changed!

The pattern is available in ladies, child and even doll size so you can go matchy matchy all round if you wish :)

Now, I've been sewing for over 35 years and have sewn with a large variety of fabric types but crepe viscose is always a challenge for me! I wasn't surprised, the fabric wanted to misbehave right from the start so lots of weights required to hold the pattern in place while I cut and lots of clips to help stitch those seams straight!

Thankfully the pattern instructions, as always, are very clear and thorough, with pictures to help at every step so the construction was very easy.

The seams are all french seamed which gives a very neat and tidy finish on both the inside and out. The pattern comes with very clear instructions how to do a french seam if you are unsure.

If you are looking for a comfortable, wide legged, flowy trouser then go get the Posy pattern! They also have an elasticated back waist too, perfect after all that Easter chocolate.... ;)

I've got another make to share so back again very soon!

Happy sewing....

Sharon


I was kindly given this pattern for free by Rebecca Page to sew up for promotion.  The fabric, thoughts and opinions are my own.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a comment, it is very much appreciated x :o)