Thursday 29 March 2012

A Birdie

Evening all.

It's been another hectic week or so here with 2 poorly little ones again, thankfully the worst is over but both are left feeling tired, grumpy and not wanting to eat much :o(...I had it too so I know exactly how they feel!  So this has, again, not left much time for crafting or blogging or much else really......I have had to make do with just thinking about what I want to make instead! So....because I had designed this in my head and thought about it for several days, when I actually found time to sit down and make it last night, it was finished in 30 minutes flat!! Speed crafting! 

Here's what I made.....


 
I used 3 colours of distress ink (iced spruce, evergreen bough and vintage photo) blended onto watercolour paper for the background. Over this I stamped the fab Stampendous Lone Bird stamp using Onyx Versafine. I stuck this to a square Art Parts frame back. The front of the frame was painted with a sage coloured acrylic paint which, when dry, was overstamped with the Papermania Urban Stamp Bird Song using Pick Fence distress stain.  After assembling the frame, I added a gorgeous rose from Wild Orchid crafts, 2 pearly hat pins and a cute little bird cage charm which I dabbed with the distress stain.


I'd like to enter this piece into the following challenges.......


Sunday Stamper - Blackbird
One Stitch at a Time - Anything goes
Whimsy Stamps - No patterned paper


Thanks for looking, I'll be back again soon x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful project, beautifully made. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Speed crafting... my fave way of making something, no time to faff and often is the only way I get anything finished lol Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely. I love how it looks so vintage. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT, and hope to see you back.
    Hugz,
    Christine Dt at OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorjuss project and I love that little charm

    Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a comment, it is very much appreciated x :o)