Thursday 29 September 2011

I've been painting again!



Morning! Here's my latest creation that I'd like to share...........it's a picture frame I've painted for a friends birthday. It started out looking like this.......


Here's how I made it:
I painted the crackle effect on the frame by first using a pale pink acrylic, followed by a good layer of PVA glue and then a final layer of cream acrylic over the top. I heated with my heat gun and watched those cracks appear! Next I die cut swirls and flower shapes (Marianne Creatables dies) from grunge paper. I painted the flowers using the double loaded brush folk art paint method as used by Sheena Douglass in her Paint Fusion technique (although sadly this is barely noticeable now the petals are layered up into the rose....will do better next time!!) The swirls were covered in versamark and gold embossing powder and heated until sparkling!
Finally, I layered up the petals curling them to make the rose and stuck everything onto the frame before sealing it all with a layer of gel medium.
Thanks for looking, back again soon x

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a comment, it is very much appreciated x :o)